Contract For Breeding
***ANY ADULT DOG OR PUPPY PLACED FOR BREEDING IS $3000 regardless of color or gender. Why $3000? Why should I invest tens of thousands of dollars in health testing to remove genetic issues for others to choose a $200 mate with NO health testing & breed genetic flaws right back into MY lines. A $3000 investment shows YOUR commitment to the breed and responsibility as a breeder. I expect you to take breeding to improve the breed as serious as I do.***
If you think you want to breed, send me an email at email@example.com with detailed answers to these questions while keeping in mind that 100% of animals in pound, shelter, and rescue are there as a result of breeding without a plan.
- Have you checked with your city, county, or homeowners association to ensure that you can LEGALLY have at least two intact dogs and litters of puppies where you live? The result WHEN a neighbor turns you in will be A BIG FAT FINE or time in jail if you do not get into compliance within the allotted DAYS your city, county, or homeowners association gives you to do so.
- Are you willing to add an ADDITIONAL policy to your current home owners insurance to cover accidents (such as falling off your porch, down your stairs, or when your mama dog bites them) when prospective puppy buyers visit your home?
- Are you ok with people you don’t know coming to your home to see your puppies? If you live alone is there a trusted neighbor, friend, or relative available at all times to be at your home when visitors are scheduled to view your puppies?
- I will need to review your breeding plan and any strategy you may have for improving the breed. What’s that you say? You don’t have a breeding plan? 100% OF ANIMALS IN POUND, SHELTER, AND RESCUE ARE THERE AS A REULTS OF BREEDING WITHOUT A PLAN. Does your plan include producing no red, a little red, a lot of red, or all red puppies? Does your plan include producing family dogs, agility dogs, working dogs, herding dogs, or therapy dogs? What you produce depends on your selection so you better choose a breeder that KNOWS these things and is willing to educate you and place the correct breeding pair with you to achieve your goals.
- You are going to need two UNRELATED dogs. TOO many times people think they want to breed so they just go buy a dog here then buy another dog. And what do you know? The two dogs they purchased end up being (CLOSELY) related because the buyer never shared their breeding intentions with either seller they made their selection from and never requested a pedigree to compare. It’s best to choose ONE breeder to make your selection from for BOTH your male and female as long as you choose a breeder that has unrelated pairs of breeding males and females. Do you already own a male or female you want to choose a mate for? If so, I will need to see pedigree for your dog to be sure I approve of the line you have chosen to cross with my dog. I will need to see genetic health testing from Paw Print Genetics for your dog. I will need to see your DNA profile certificate stamped VP for VERIFIED PARENTAGE from ASCA for your dog.
- What is your plan for marketing and puppy placement? If your answer is 1. To give them away to family and friends 2. To give my children the puppy experience 3. To advertise them for $50 on craigslist 4. So you can keep ONE puppy from your current dog ... DO NOT CONTACT ME.
- Do you have adequate space to keep the puppies you have left into adulthood separate from your Sire and Dame to prevent unwanted unplanned inbreedings? This is generally at least half the litter because marketing and puppy placement are extremely time consuming and that’s where most people fail at this job. Do you have time to invest DAILY with continued training with these older pups? No one will want a 10 month old dog that has been left in a pen his/her entire life and can’t walk on a leash or isn’t socialized.
If you think my questions are too harsh, I will remind you that 100% of animals in pound, shelter, and rescue are there as a result of breeding without a plan.
This contract will apply if you request your new puppy to have the option for breeding. A copy of this contract will be provided for you at time of sale. (Last revised 04/04/18.)
Contract (for Breeding)
By signing this contract I understand & agree to the following:
- This puppy is the product of two genetically health tested AKC/ASCA registered purebred Australian Shepherd parents & is guaranteed to be in good health & free of communicable disease at time of sale.
- The option to breed is included in this purchase per my request and I agree to breed only to a mate of equal breeding quality with genetic testing as to manage any genetic issue responsibly to help rid the breed of defect.
- I will NEVER register this dog as any other breed than the breed listed on his/her AKC AND ASCA registration paperwork. I will NEVER breed to another dog listed as any other breed than the breed listed on his/her AKC AND ASCA registration paperwork. I will NEVER register any offspring as any other breed than the breed listed on his/her AKC AND ASCA registration paperwork provided to me at time of sale. I understand these requirements are put in place to protect and preserve the quality & pureness of the breed.
- I am committed to placing each & every puppy I produce directly with his/her new family no matter how many months or years that may take. If at any time I am unable to fulfill this commitment, Fifteen Acre Farms is available for me to surrender the puppies & their paperwork, at my expense, so that socialization & training will be continued & placement of the puppies will be fulfilled.
- I agree to be responsible for care and cost of spay and neuter of ALL puppies still available in my care at age 6 months to prevent unwanted and accidental incestual breeding of sibling to sibling and parent to offspring.
- I will NOT receive a refund in the event I simply change my mind regarding this purchase, find a cheaper lesser quality puppy elsewhere, suddenly develop allergies, or my landlord disagrees with my purchase. Adding a new puppy to my household can be a 15 year commitment therefore I have given my decision a considerable amount of thought BEFORE making a commitment to purchase. Life changing events can happen and should I be unable to keep my puppy at any time during his/her life I WILL contact the breeder/seller for arrangements to return, or gain assistance in re-homing, my puppy and will never forfeit ownership to a pound, rescue, or shelter or place a sales ad on craigslist.
- This puppy WILL require medical attention at some point during his/her lifetime & I am prepared to pay all vet expenses from this point forward. I am making this purchase because I believe this puppy is in good health at time of sale & was produced by a responsible reputable breeder. This contract does not cover any internal or external parasites or protozoa as these are common treatable conditions in puppies & dogs and I am aware my puppy could easily contract such an issue on the trip home, during air travel, or at my own residence. This puppy has recently been de-wormed & the shedding of parasites may still be occurring & is normal after treatment. Healthy vaccinated puppies are still susceptible to contagious disease, parasites, & protozoa though every effort has been made to prevent this unfortunate occurrence.
- If I visited the premises for pickup, I agree that I have thoroughly inspected this puppy BEFORE following through with commitment to purchase. I am completely satisfied with the conditions in which my puppy, his/her littermates, & parents are kept & cared for & that my puppy is in good health as are littermates & parents if present. In addition, I have witnessed his/her ability to run, jump, & play easily & unassisted and that he/she is alert and responsive to normal activities and happenings within his/her environment.
- If I met the seller at a designated location for pickup, I agree the option was made available for me to visit the location where the breeding program is maintained but declined. I have thoroughly inspected this puppy BEFORE following through with commitment to purchase and agree that he/she is in good health. Multiple videos and pictures were made available to me by the seller on different occasions and/or dates and I am completely satisfied with the conditions in which my puppy, his/her littermates, & parents are kept & cared for. I agree the puppy I have received IS the puppy represented to me before purchase. In addition, I have witnessed his/her ability to run, jump, & play easily & unassisted and that he/she is alert and responsive to normal activities and happenings within his/her environment.
- If my puppy was shipped via air travel, I agree the option was made available to me to visit the location where the breeding program is maintained but I declined. Multiple videos and pictures were made available to me by the seller on different occasions and/or dates and I am completely satisfied with the conditions in which my puppy, his/her littermates, & parents are kept & cared for. I agree the puppy I have received IS the puppy represented to me before purchase. In addition, I have witnessed his/her ability to run, jump, & play easily & unassisted and that he/she is alert and responsive to normal activities and happenings within his/her environment.
- I agree that a vaccination record and schedule to follow has been provided at time of sale and that death of my puppy may occur if I fail to complete the recommended vaccination schedule.
- Third party sale makes this contract null & void as does evidence of abuse, neglect, accident, or lack of adequate quality food, water, & shelter. Breeder/seller will not be responsible for injury or accident to puppy, or cost for repair, once he/she leaves breeder care. In addition, no guarantee will be provided for eye color, earset, size, working ability, or reproduction ability.
No other guarantees expressed or implied. This contract is under the jurisdiction of the State of Oklahoma. In the event of any dispute, it is agreed the place of venue shall be Rogers County, Oklahoma under Oklahoma law.